Monday, March 7, 2011

Extreme Makeover: Cameroon

Basically, it would not be worth it for me to even try to describe my new wardrobe/hairstyle. You just have see it. 

This dress is my favorite because it’s super comfy to wear. I picked the fabric because the orange and blue reminded me of Hope. Plus I LOVE dresses with pockets!!

This blue and white fabric is traditional to the Bamiléké people and is often seen in traditional ceremonies.

This is me about thirty minutes in to a four and half hour session of intense hair braiding. You can also see that I have a skirt in the same fabric as the first dress; it was a mix-up because I actually ordered the skirt in a different fabric so I got this one for free :)

And this is me at the end. (Still learning how to style this massive amount of hair.)

The braids are really tight right now so a huge bun is super comfortable.

This picture is for my mom who wasn’t sure braids could be anything but casual.







5 comments:

  1. I love it!!!! You look lovely in your really cute dresses and the fabric is stunning! I think the hair looks so super cute.....but I still can't get over that you can't get it wet! I guess when you are at the shore you will just have to bob in the water like an old lady :-). YOU LOOK MARVELOUS! I see by your smile that the Lord is keeping your heart at peace. Know we all miss and love you very much.
    Hey if you get enough fabric we could make Duvet covers for your bed at school. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the braids! Can't imagine sitting still to have that done, though. We miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Ok Ok this is the ONLY Opinion that counts....

    Rachael this is your Uncle Peter, we need to talk....though I do agree (for the most part) with my 'little' sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hair! Love the new fashions! The girls and I love the wonderful updates and following your adventures! Love, Pamela

    ReplyDelete